Tuesday, May 17, 2011

I suppose its about time for me to say something about how the training at the Peak Centre went for the last few months. Well, ill save you a lot of reading and i'll save myself a lot of typic...it was painfull! It was still everything I wanted it to be, but I have to admit, It was grueling at times. Now I fully appriciate what true athletes endure season after season!


Threshold Testing; The best way to precisely identify weaknesses as well as moniter training progress


VO2 max (also; maximal oxygen consumption, maximal oxygen uptake, peak oxygen uptake or aerobic capacity) is the maximum capacity of an individual's body to transport and use oxygen during incremental excersise, which reflect the physical fitness of the subject.


The name is derived from V-volume, O2- oxygen , max-maximum. VO2 max is typically expressed as an absolute rate in Litres of Oxygen per Minute (L/Min)


After wrapping up my last max test at the Peak Centre in December, I would essentially know where I would stand with regards to my maximum athletic endurance/performance for my body composition. I still dont know how I really feel about my results, but the good news is, my Sports Physiologist said if I keep up with a similar training program for another 6-12 months, I may possibly increase my max threshold...or the quicker alternative offered, intervals of Altitude Training. weird science! I think I need to go back to The GoodLife, ha.


My maximum V02 after 8 months of training was 49.9.


(below are some VO2 max results from select Elite Athletes..It's freakishly scary to compare to the chart above .




No comments:

Post a Comment